Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mother's Day




I was not looking forward to Mother's day this as Scott had to work, DD had to work and DS was just not himself. We had talked about going to the Mission Mills Museum up in Salem but with gas prices what they are and all I was pretty sure the trip wasn't going to happen.

Then Friday night Scott surprised me by saying that the next day would be going. I have wanted to go up and take a look around for several years but we just never have. So this was going to be a real treat.

Scott and I went up on Saturday and spent about 4 1/2 hours going through everything. There really is so much to see. You can go in the different buildings that were once part of the mill and see the different equipment that was used for many years to make wool fabric. The entire process is explained and you can just imagine what it was like to work there. I loved the grounds that the mus
eum is set on it is so pretty and the sound of the rushing water is soothing to me. I can see why a lot of people get married there.

When we left the mills we went somewhere else that I have wanted to go for years.....The Salem Riverfront Carousel. I love carousel horses and carousels, I love all the detail in each and every horse. I absolutely love the old wooden horses, I always think about all the people who have ridden the horses. We even rode the carousel!!!!! I had so much fun, I haven't ridden one in years so it was a real treat.

We did some shopping and then headed back home. On Mother's Day Scott and I got up and decided we would take Frank on our annual trip to Hendricks Gardens (this is a rhoddy garden) but to our surprise he wasn't allowed in the gardens just outside, so we packed it up and went to Owens Rose Gardens. The three of us had fun walking around and looking at what little is in bloom.


No comments: