I have just completed a wonderful project, a Christmas stocking. But not just any stocking. This one has a story behind it. The original stocking was knit 48 or 49 years ago. The owner had a couple others made over the years and is now
expecting a granddaughter and wanted one for her. She had a rough pattern and chart with no symbols just a picture. I worked from both of them to recreate the family stocking.
I think I did a pretty good job. This was my first real project with intarsia, I have played with it before but had never done anything bigger. This was also my first successful attempt at duplicate stitch. I have tried it before but was never really happy with how it looked. This time I am very pleased.
In the pictures the original stocking is on the left and mine is on the right. The last picture shows the duplicate stitched name.