Friday, May 4, 2007

I get a Craft Room

So our son moved out this last weekend, I now get his room. I can do anything I want in it, it will be my "ULTRA GIRLIE ROOM". I am making a craft/workout room. So below are pictures of the room yesterday after I took the paneling down. Boy were there a lot of nail wholes, not to mention the damage to the walls. I have a lot of work a head of me to get this room done.

Below are pictures after I Spackle this morning. I am waiting for the Spackle to dry so then I can texturize the 2 walls to match the others. When we moved in to this house about 13 years ago we knew that the house had some issues, but boy we never expected the walls to have holes under the paneling. I really am enjoying this project, I have the colors all picked out and ready to paint as soon as the prep work is done. My goal is to have the room presentable by June 10th when we have Daughters Grad party here.
I still find myself walking in the room and missing my son. I had a hard time earlier in the week before I started this project. I couldn't even bring myself to open the door let alone go in there to start the work. Can you tell that this is the first child to leave home?!? So hubby told me to do whatever I want to the room, I have been planning this room for years and now I finally get to do it, I think that working on the room is making it easier to deal with the fact that my baby boy is a young man now, uggg. I will keep you updated on the progress as I go along.
I am off to sand and texturize the walls.



No comments: