Monday, August 25, 2008

FAIR RESULTS

So this year I entered 7 items in our county fair and did much better than I expected to do.
Out of the 7 items I received 7 ribbons. I got 3 blue, 3 red and one Honorable Mention. So I think I did pretty good.
BLUE RIBBONS: brown felted hat, cotton shopping bag, and Christmas Story dishcloth.
RED RIBBONS: Irish Hiking scarf, Casual Days bag, and crocheted summer hat.

HONORABLE MENTION: Hey Kid You Got a Snowman On Your Head hat



The scarf was my first cabled project ever, the crocheted hat was my second or third crocheted item ever, the Casual Days bag was my very own design, and the shopping bag was a redesign of another one I had made. I think I may be getting the hang of this knitting stuff....lol.
I am now going to complete the Tree of Life afghan so I can enter it next year. It has taken me a lot longer to complete that than I had planned. Since I will have a whole year to get it done It should turn out very nice. Now to just set a side some time when no one is here so I can work on it uninterrupted and be able to concentrate on it would be great.

1 comment:

knittinggranny54 said...

congrats and very nice work.
grandma steph