Monday, December 10, 2007

KNITTING


Months ago I found some nice yarn at Big Lots for $1 a skein. So Scott decides he would like a cardigan sweater out of the yarn. Not just any cardigan but a cabled cardigan. I said sure I should be able to do that for you. I set about knitting the sweater up for my darling husband. This thing took weeks to knit, did I mention that I had only done one other cabled item.
So anyways I got it done and it looked a bit big, but that was ok I would just make adjustments to the sides. But before doing that I decided to wash and see if it would "shrink up" a bit. Oh NO not for me and my luck the darn thing GREW!!

It grew big enough for 2 people to climb in it at the same time. I am about to give up making the man a sweater. I have made him 3 now and 2 of them don't fit and the other one he doesn't like the collar. Oh well. The last picture shows the color the best.










Christmas knitting is something I have started doing in the last couple of years. I have a little 5 year old neighbor boy that is just adorable. His mom is one of my best friends. So this year I decided to knit up gifts for their family. I enjoyed knitting up this hat for him. I can't wait to see him in it.





No comments: