Thursday, July 26, 2007

YARN

When we were on our trip we stopped at 2 yarn shops. The first is in Coos Bay, OR. It is called "My Yarn Shop". I had read about it in "Knitters Stash". I couldn't wait until we made a trip to Coos Bay to go in there. I was not disappointed. One of the owners was there, she is a nice lady and very helpful. Here are some shots from in the store.


Take a look at what I got. I chose Cascade Quatro so that I can make myself a "Coos Bay Hat", I have no idea what a "Coos Bay Hat" looks like because I haven't designed it yet...LOL.


The other shop we stopped at is in Crescent City, CA. It is called "A Perfect Yarn". Funny thing about this shop, when we got into Crescent City it was one of the first things I saw but of course we pulled in to town right after they closed. So on Wednesday morning we went by but of course they weren't open yet so we went and had breakfast then went back and waited in the parking lot for them to open. I was the first customer of the day. We were telling her that we had been by the night before and that she was closed, she said we should have stopped anyways cause she was there and would have helped us. So anyway here are some shots of the shop.



I know the date on the pictures is off but only by 12 hours, forgot to set the time when I replaced the batteries. So on to the yarn. I chose Four Seasons, which is a cotton/wool blend to make both Scott and I "Crescent City Hats". Again have know idea what they will look like but will be designing them soon. I also bought a pair of Brittany sz 7 needles. I LOVE these needles.....almost more than my bamboos. I have never felt such lite needles before.




1 comment:

deb said...

I'm glad to hear there's a great yarn shop in Oregon. We are traveling there in September and I need to find all the yarn shops from CA to Oregon. deb