Tuesday, July 31, 2007

HUBBY'S SOCKS



Ok so Scott requested that I finish the socks that I started for him when we went on our trip. The only thing is he wanted them for Thursday morning of this week, I only had about 1 1/2 inches done, the scenery on the trip was to good to miss. So on Thursday last week I picked them up and did a little knitting on them. Then Friday I spent most of the day knitting.




We always go and walk at the Relay for Life. Can you guess when it was held this year, yep Friday and Saturday. So I was on a knitting roll and just couldn't put the sock down, after all I was past the heel and just starting the gusset when we left. So I wore a pair of cargo capris and stuck the yarn ball in my pocket and knitted away, while walking. I walked and knitted for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours, the only reason I gave up was because it got dark. So I finished that sock on Saturday.




Saturday evening I cast on for the other sock and got most of the ribbing done. Sunday was a busy day, so very little knitting got done, maybe an inch or two. Then yesterday I spent the day knitting up a storm, by the time I went to bed I only had 2 1/2 inches plus the toe decrease to do. I finished this evening with 37 hours to spare.






I feel great about the fact that Scott will be wearing the socks that I made him while he is in surgery. The reason he wanted them done was so he could to quote him, "have you hugging my feet". He also said that they would bring back great memories of our trip.




So below are the socks. I used Sockotta yarn by Plymouth. The content is 45% cotton, 40% superwash wool, 15% nylon. I used size 2 needles.

The picture below is a little bit of a close up of the sock that I knit while walking, can you tell?

2 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

Well walking and knitting, now that I haven't tried yet. I'd probably drop the silly needle everytime I finished a row, LOL. You should invest in those lighted needles, I have a pair, they really work, LOL. Only I prefer bamboo and they aren't. I have a lighted crochet hook too and that I use alot.

I have only knitted slipper socks. Still learning there, but one day I hoep to make socks as gifts for my family.

Thanks for playing the contest on ym blog. Hope you come back the rest of the month too.

PBK KNITS said...

Aunt Kathy, I have actually thought about the light up needles, but I prefer bamboo or wood needles. Funny thing about hte walking and knitting.....I have never done it before!! I just had to have the socks done for my hubby so I went for it.