Friday, September 12, 2008

Fair Isle

I have wanted to give Fair Isle knitting a try for sometime now, but have been a big ol' chicken. It always looks so difficult but ohhh so pretty. I have done stripes, slip stitch knitting and even little blocks of color but never Fair Isle. So today was the day!!! I jumped in with both feet and about an hour later this is what I had. I found some very easy to understand directions over at www.knittingdaily.com and they even had a chart. So on top of working on Fair Isle I also had to work from a chart...not so good at that but did fine today.
I am so proud of myself. Now to find an easy pattern to put my new found skill to the test.

Below is the last KAL for Shirley'sKnittingKnook that I did. It is a witches hat for Halloween. Scott thought it was "a surfer dude" that is a direct quote.



3 comments:

Lil Knitter said...

Wow...that looks good! Doesn't look like your first try that's for sure. I am going to learn this one day myself. Awesome job!
Hugs!

PBK KNITS said...

Mel,
Thank you. It really was so much easier than I ever thought...give it a shot.
Hugs,
Kim

sailorcross said...

Oh, your Fair Isle looks wonderful--like you have been doing this for years!!

I've always loved this, and now I think I'm going to have to give it a try!!

Thanks for pushing me onward and upward in my knitting skills.

Beth H.